Experience Our Friendly & Knowledgeable Services
We've Got Extra Storage Space You Need!!!
Using a self storage can be an important asset in securing
and saving personal information, provided that certain measures
are taken. When planning to archive business or personal
documents in a self-storage unit, be sure to consider the
following guidelines from Extra Storage:
Guide #1: Be sure that the security features offered at the self-storage facility are exceptional:
• Although not usually considered a security feature, climate control is essential for protecting documents against extreme temperatures and humidity. Check to see if climate control or air conditioning is available at your facility
• Facility manager lives on site or is on duty at the facility during hours you will be visiting your unit
• Convenient operating hours when you or your employees can access the information
• Keypad entry systems, security cameras, perimeter fencing and lighting should be in good condition
Guide #2: Store documents with security and safety in mind
• Fill boxes, even if just with packing material – loosely packed materials can shift during transport and lifting
• Packed boxes should weigh no more than 30-50 lbs. for safe lifting
• Create multiple backups of all stored documents and keep them in a separate location
• Consider using locked containers such as file cabinets or fire safes
• Store all documentation on password-protected CD or DVD
Guide #3: Protect paper, videos, DVDs and CDs with suitable packaging
• When packing data files, place binders in between groupings to lend sturdiness
• Label boxes clearly and carefully with waterproof labels / markers
• Use airtight packaging to prevent mildew or water damage
• Consider anti-static packaging for videotapes, DVDs and CDs
• Do not use newspaper, as the print can transfer
• Raise boxes off the ground with pallets, wood, plastic or cardboard
• Stack boxes with oldest information at the bottom in the back
• Pack for longer than you plan to store – just in case
Extra Storage has an excellent resource for additional tips and assistance in protecting your important documents.
Learn More About Chula Vista Extra Public Self Storage units!!
Chula Vista Extra Public Self Storage units are designed with the security of your belongings, your budget and convenience in mind. For all your personal and commercial storage needs, we have 24 hour on site management available.
Call Chula Vista Extra Public Self Storage units professional team at 1-619-427-2122 or
email us email@example.com