Experience Our Friendly & Knowledgeable Services
We've Got Extra Storage Space You Need!!!
Keeping memories and passing down family heirlooms are important parts of family life, but lack of space can turn treasures into clutter. Self storage provides the extra square footage that you need to save things you would otherwise have to sacrifice for lack of space. In order to keep your collectibles and mementos in good condition while in storage, consider the following tips:
Packing Fragile Collectibles and Mementos
- Stack glasses, vases and other tall fragile pieces in rows
- Pack items firmly next to each other but not too tightly
- Place double layers of paper between rows of packed items Use same-size, quality boxes for easy stacking
- Pad the bottom of boxes with foam sheets used for packing dishes (dishpack)
- Wrap each item separately in clean paper; do not use newspaper (the print can transfer)
- Fill empty spots in boxes with packing peanuts or paper to prevent shifting during transport or lifting
- Cut pieces of boxes or cardboard to use as dividers in boxes to prevent shifting
- Reinforce the bottoms of boxes with extra tape, taping the box tops equally as well in case they topple during transport
- Mark boxes as fragile on all sides
- Use wood, cardboard or plastic to raise boxes off the floor There are many kinds of packing materials specifically designed to preserve valuable and fragile items. At Extra Storage, our facilities offer professional-quality boxes and supplies for your convenience. Ask your facility manager about how to get the best use out of these materials, and for other creative storage solutions.
Learn More About Extra Storage!!
Extra Storage units are designed with the security of your belongings, your budget and convenience in mind. For all your personal and commercial storage needs, please call the Extra Storage professional team at 619-427-2122 or email us email@example.com